MySQL:MySQL Database/How to Install MySQL Server
MySQL:MySQL Database/How to Install MySQL Server-MySQL is an acronym for My Structured Query Language. And it is a Relational database management system that its source code is freely available and can be distributed to its users anytime anywhere. So that is a brief information about Mysql. Now Database, when you hear the word base, What comes to your mind,’ a space been occupied by something’ it can be a house, a cubicle, a hut and so on. Therefore database can be said to the a place where data is stored or where a collection of data are kept.by now you should know what we mean by data.
Getting Started with MySql
MySql is a database application software.it helps you to store and retrieve data without hitches provided you know how to go about it.in this tutorial, we are going to focus on MySql from the backend, that is focusing on the query language without adding much of other programming Languages. Having an idea of a programming Language will be an added advantage for you to understand more on databases.
How to Install MySql On Windows Operating System.
Installing MySql on Windows is now done much easier that how it used to be when we started using it. For the purpose of this tutorial, we are going to be making use of MySql Server and Mysql query browser.
Installing MySql Server
Mysql Server can be downloaded on your windows O.S using Mysql Installer with these few but simple steps.
- Visit dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer
- Select Mysql Server .Note that it is important to install Mysql Server before installing Mysql Query Browser.
- Select the Version of Mysql you desire to Install and the bit that is contained in your system. It is either 32bit or 64 bit operating system.it will be a good idea for you to pause and check that which your operating system is made of. Note:Mysql server is 32bit and can install for both 32 and 64bits respectively.
- Execute the file which you Downloaded
- Choose the appropriate setup which you will like to work with. But I prefer the developer default so that you can install other tools that you might need on the long run.for example the Mysql WorkBench. Or you choose Custom Setup and Manually select the tools you want to install.
- Allow Automatic Installation processes to take place
- Type and Networking.
- Select the Server Machine.
- Enable TCP/IP Networking by ticking the check box.
- Leave the default port Number.
- Select to add firewall
- Root Account Password: Entre the password and repeat the same password you entered.Note That the root user can be said to be the admin.
- Add a role to Mysql User Account.
- MySql Server Configuration.
. Specify Windows Service Name.
. Tick the checkbox if not selected to allow Mysql to automatically start at system start up.
. Select the standard System Account because it is mostly recommended.
- Click next to the Configuration Overview page and allow configuration to successfully complete.
- Bravo you are good to go with Mysql Server or should I say command Line Client? Yes.
- Ok let us try running it to see if it was successfully installed.
- Run The Command Line from Your System
- Entre the root password you used during registration
- Type ‘use mysql;’ hey not too fast,don’t forget to add the semi colon
- Hit the enter key.
- If the result is ‘Database Changed’,
- Then Congratulations
Don’t Forget to stay tuned for more tutorials on how to install Mysql Query Browser.
Use the Comment Column to drop your feedback , we will be glad to hear from you