5 Secret WhatsApp Features – Below are 5 WhatsApp secrets you need to know
You might be using WhatsApp for a while now, but there are some new features you are not aware of. Below are 5 Secret WhatsApp Features.
1.Export a Conversation
It is possible for you to export a conversation to save it for future purpose on Android and iPhone devices. Here is how to do it but before that you must have an Active Email Account on your Phone
- Open the chat(Contact chat) you want to Export
- Click on Menu (where there are dotted lines at the top right corner).
- Locate More and then Email Chat
- Select the particular Email account you want to export to and you are done.
- Tap on the contact you want to export chat.
- Scroll to the bottom of the contact Info page.
- Select Export
You can choose to customize the alert sound for any incoming message. With this, it is easier to know who sent a message to you without looking at the screen of the phone. This can be done on both android and iPhones
- Tap on the menu icon (the three dotted lines on the top right corner)when viewing a chat thread.
- Select View Contact.
- Select Custom Notifications.
- Tap on contact’s Name when viewing a chat thread.
- Select Custom Notifications
3. Use WhatsApp on a Computer
It is very possible to use WhatsApp on your computer earlier discussed on How to use WhatsApp on your Computer.it is very easy and saves energy.
- Hide Last Seen Status
You can hide your last seen status on WhatsApp, maybe you don’t want your contacts to know the last time you checked into WhatsApp. To do this, Just follow this simple step.
- Go to settings.
- Then click on Accounts.
- Select Privacy and then choose Last Seen.
Note: WhatsApp provides Three Options: Nobody, My Contacts and Everyone. This depends on who to want to view your last seen option.
5.Disable Read Receipts.
You can disable read Receipts on WhatsApp. That is, you can prevent other contacts on your WhatsApp from knowing you have read a message. Here is how to do it.
- Go to settings.
- Locate Account and select Privacy
- Uncheck the box next to Read Receipts.
Note that when you disable the feature, it will prevent you from seeing if a contact has read your message too.